Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Heroic Mother

When we bought a peugeot 405 eight years ago, catching fire, the common malfuction of this type of car, was a nightmare for me all the time. Finally, it happened to my mother and me yesterday. We were driving to my grandparent's house, chatting with each other , not paying attention to the outside of the car, and not noticing that people were yelling "fire" at us. When we finally found out what was going on around us, we stopped and left the car immediately. Fortunately, it didn't cause serious damage to our car because we managed to put the fire out quickly.It was remarkable that among all those macho men watching the flames, my mother was the one who dared to open the burning hood. Who says that firewomen aren't as couragous as firemen?

2 comments:

  1. How briefly and niclely you describe things. I was shocked to death at first.Happy that you survived after all.
    This is the way the cars are in Iran and nobody cares for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nazdik buda!... thank God nothing went wrong and you're well.

    ReplyDelete